Monday 30 November 2009

Greetings everyone, and welcome to my first blog.


Soon I hope to detail my life with my rescued muscovy duck.

Lots of people have asked about the progress of my day-old duck to adulthood, and want to know what to expect; what problems we had, and how we coped with them: so I hope to chronicle her progress - with pictures - and occasional short videos.

Suddenly there seems to be masses of stuff to do before the festive season is fully under way, so this may take some time before I am fully up and running, please be patient.


I guess I have, right now, to warn you that this story doesn't have a happy ending - Zoomie was stolen from my garden two weeks ago.
I have tried every trick in the book to get her back, so far without success, but I still have a few hopes left that there might still be a happy ending.

For weeks I have been planning to start this, but when Zoomie was taken, there was a great temptation to abort the whole exercise, but several contacts have persuaded me to start blogging anyway, 'cos it might be helpful to other duck owners.


I will check as often as possible for comments, so if you have any problems that you think I might be able to help with, please feel free to ask - we duck lovers must stick together!!




Just to, hopefully, whet your appetite for more - This is Zoomie at 2 days.
She spent her first week there, under my 'wing'.























Then, by week two, she'd grown up a lot.














More as soon as I possibly can.

Mx.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Max, I can't wait to follow the journey of the time you spent with Zoomie. It looks as if she's about the same age, or perhaps a bit younger than Chalk & Cheese were when we first had them (if you go to the start of my blog you will find their 'baby photos'!) We have several breeds of ducks now, but it will always be my Scovies that own my heart :oD I will look forward to reading your posts immensely - thank you so much for sharing your journey. Sara xx

    ReplyDelete